So which house would you fit into in the world of Harry Potter?
I thought it might be fun to put together is list of books that you could find some favorites no matter what house you are in (and you might like a few recs for the other ones… but I won’t tell)
Values: bravery, daring, nerve, and chivalry.
House Colors: scarlet and gold
Books that those in Gryffindor might love:
- The Wrath and The Dawn, simply because I feel Hermione would appreciate a brave heroine who holds her ambitions high. Gryffindors love a good story of justice. (Recommended by and reader on Facebook, Katie.)
- Divergent– Known for her bravery and daring. Tris would be a protagonist Gryffindor could stand behind
- Throne of Glass– Celaena’s fight for freedom becomes a fight for survival, and a desperate quest to root out the evil before it destroys her world. Gryffindors woudl love this kind of nerve!
And a beautiful gold and red cover… with an added bonus of Fire
Values: hard work, dedication, patience, loyalty, and fair play
House Colors: Yellow and Black
Books that those in Hufflepuff might love:
- The Lunar Chronicles, a story of great friendships and loyalty. Two of the things they pride themselves in. (Recommended by and reader on Facebook, Katie.)
- And three more books that exhibit some of their great qualities: Hunger Games, The Hobbit, and The Kite Runner
And a great book with an amazing yellow and black cover, which COULD catch the Hufflepuff eye.
Values: intelligence, knowledge, and wit
House Colors: blue and bronze
Books that those in Ravenclaw might love:
- I’ll Give You The Sun – a story about intelligence and creativity. Overcoming obstacles and finding peace, like every good Ravenclaw. (Recommended by and reader on Facebook, Katie.)
- Me and Earl and the Dying Girl– This is the funniest book you’ll ever read about death.
- Ender’s Game and A Wrinkle in Time– for highly intelligent main characters
Check out this blue cover:
Values: ambition, cunning and resourcefulness
House Colors: green and silver
Books that those in Slytherin might love:
- The Forbidden Game- a story of nightmares and rules. Two things that every Slytherin can respect, living by their own rules as well. (Recommended by and reader on Facebook, Katie.)
- Across the Universe– the ambitious protagonist in this story about cryogenically frozen passenger aboard the spaceship of will pique the interest of any Slytherin
- Elementals 3: The Head of Medusa– Medusa? Yeah.. ’nuff said.
And a striking green cover:
- Everlost – In this imaginative novel, Neal Shusterman explores questions of life, death, and what just might lie in between.
And a bonus book
- Emerge-A fantasy that offers a peek into a world where mermaids aren’t just real but live secretly among us. Slytherins will love the luxurious Malibu estates and the morally ambiguous decisions the main character faces when she encounters new, dangerous magic.
Did I leave any off? Put your thoughts in the comments?